Product Pathways - Vesicle Trafficking
Rab3A (D7B10) Rabbit mAb #12214
|W||H M R||Endogenous||25||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rab3A (D7B10) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Rab3A protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg149 of human Rab3A protein.
The Rab family of proteins includes small, monomeric GTPases essential for regulating intracellular vesicle trafficking. Members of the Rab3 subfamily, including Rab3A-3D, are involved in the exocytosis of neurotransmitters and hormones (1). Rab3A is primarily expressed in neurons (2), neuroendocrine cells (such as rat PC-12 cells), and in human pancreatic β cells (3,4). By acting as a molecular switch between active GTP-bound Rab3A and the inactive GDP-bound form, Rab3A inhibits synaptic vesicle and chromaffin granule secretion during late membrane release (5,6). Loss-of-function studies suggest Rab3A is involved in controlling synaptic vesicle targeting and docking at the active zone (7). Through binding to its direct effector Rabphillin, Rab3A also orchestrates the coupling between synaptic vesicle exocytosis and endocytosis (8).
- Zerial, M. and McBride, H. (2001) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 2, 107-17.
- Geppert, M. et al. (1994) Nature 369, 493-7.
- Weber, E. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 6963-71.
- Yaekura, K. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 9715-21.
- Johannes, L. et al. (1994) EMBO J 13, 2029-37.
- Geppert, M. et al. (1997) Nature 387, 810-4.
- Leenders, A.G. et al. (2001) Mol Biol Cell 12, 3095-102.
- Coppola, T. et al. (2001) J Cell Sci 114, 1757-64.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.