Product Pathways - Innate Immunity
TREX1 Antibody #12215
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TREX1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total TREX1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro317 of human TREX1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
TREX1 is a broadly expressed 3’ to 5’ exonuclease that acts on single-stranded DNA (ssDNA) to negatively regulate the interferon-stimulatory DNA (ISD) response (1-4). In humans, there are three TREX1 isoforms generated through alternative splicing with predicted molecular weights of 32, 33, and 39 kDa (2). The transcript for the 33 kDa isoform is the most abundant (2). Mice deficient in TREX1 accumulate intracellular ssDNA, which triggers the ISD response and eventually lethal autoimmunity (3,4). Mutations in TREX1 are associated with autoimmune diseases including Aicardi-Goutieres syndrome and systemic lupus erythematosus (5,6). In addition, TREX1 prevents the cell-intrinsic innate immune response to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) by digesting excess HIV DNA that would normally trigger induction of type I interferon (7).
- Mazur, D.J. and Perrino, F.W. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 19655-60.
- Mazur, D.J. and Perrino, F.W. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 14718-27.
- Yang, Y.G. et al. (2007) Cell 131, 873-86.
- Stetson, D.B. et al. (2008) Cell 134, 587-98.
- Crow, Y.J. et al. (2006) Nat Genet 38, 917-20.
- Lee-Kirsch, M.A. et al. (2007) Nat Genet 39, 1065-7.
- Yan, N. et al. (2010) Nat Immunol 11, 1005-13.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.