Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
FLI1 Antibody #12225
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||52||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
FLI1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total FLI1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val64 of human FLI1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Friend leukemia integration 1 (FLI1) transcription factor is an ETS domain-containing transcription factor that plays an important and highly conserved role in vertebrate development, particularly hematopoiesis, where it functions to activate transcription of genes that promote erythroblast proliferation (1-4). In mice, the Fli1 locus is a common retroviral insertion site for the Friend Murine Leukemia Virus (F-MuLV), such that a majority of F-MuLV-induced erythroleukemias are associated with aberrant Fli1 expression (5). Notably in humans, aberrant FLI1 expression has also been linked to poor prognosis in acute myeloid leukemia (6). Also in humans, a t(11;22)(q24;q12) chromosomal translocation has been described that generates a chimeric protein (EWS/FLI1) comprised of the amino-terminal transactivation domain of Ewing Sarcoma breakpoint region 1 (EWS) and the carboxy-terminal ETS domain of FLI1 (7). The EWS/FLI1 fusion protein functions as a transcriptional activator that is reportedly responsible for >85% of the known cases of pediatric Ewing’s Sarcoma, an aggressive bone and soft tissue tumor (8,9).
- Spyropoulos, D.D. et al. (2000) Mol Cell Biol 20, 5643-52.
- Pimanda, J.E. et al. (2007) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104, 17692-7.
- Jagadeeswaran, P. et al. (2010) Blood Cells Mol Dis 44, 175-80.
- Tijssen, M.R. et al. (2011) Dev Cell 20, 597-609.
- Ben-David, Y. et al. (1990) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87, 1332-6.
- Kornblau, S.M. et al. (2011) Blood 118, 5604-12.
- May, W.A. et al. (1993) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90, 5752-6.
- Braun, B.S. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 4623-30.
- Riggi, N. and Stamenkovic, I. (2007) Cancer Lett 254, 1-10.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 11910 EWS Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.