Product Pathways - Growth Factors/Cytokines
IL-4 (D19A10) Rabbit mAb #12227
|12227S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12227||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
IL-4 (D19A10) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total IL-4 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant human IL-4 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from purified CD4+ human peripheral blood mononuclear cells, activated with anti-CD3 and anti-CD28 in Th2-inducing conditions for 12 d, untreated (-) or treated (+) with TPA #4174 (40 nM, 6 hr), Ionomycin #9995 (3 μM, 6 hr), and Brefeldin A #9972 (300 ng/ml, last 5 hr of stimulation), using IL-4 (D19A10) Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Western blot analysis of recombinant Human Interleukin-4 (hIL-4) #8919 using IL-4 (D19A10) Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells, untreated (left) or treated (right) with TPA #4174 (40 nM, 6 hr), Ionomycin #9995 (2 μM, 6 hr) and Brefeldin A #9972 (1 μg/ml, last 5 hr of stimulation), using a CD3 antibody and IL-4 (D19A10) Rabbit mAb. Anti-rabbit IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate) #4414 was used as a secondary antibody. Analysis was performed on cells in the lymphocyte gate.
Interleukin-4 (IL-4) is a cytokine secreted by activated T cells, basophils, and mast cells (1,2). While it contributes to many immunomodulatory responses, it is mainly recognized as the cytokine responsible for eliciting differentiation of naive T cells into Th2 lineage cells that are defined by their secretion of IL-4, IL-5, and IL-10 (3). In addition, IL-4 contributes to immunoglobulin class switching by inducing the production of IgE from B cells (4,5). IL-4 acts through the IL-4 receptor, leading to tyrosine phosphorylation and activation of the Stat6 transcription factor (6).
- Yokota, T. et al. (1986) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 83, 5894-8.
- Grabstein, K. et al. (1986) J Exp Med 163, 1405-14.
- Kopf, M. et al. (1993) Nature 362, 245-8.
- Kotowicz, K. and Callard, R.E. (1993) Eur J Immunol 23, 2250-6.
- Thyphronitis, G. et al. (1989) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 86, 5580-4.
- Hou, J. et al. (1994) Science 265, 1701-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8919 Human Interleukin-4 (hIL-4)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.