Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
Calreticulin (D3E6) XP® Rabbit mAb #12238
|W IF-IC||H M R||Endogenous||55||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Calreticulin (D3E6) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total calreticulin protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human calreticulin protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SH-SY5Y and KNRK cells using Calreticulin (D3E6) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Calcium is a universal signaling molecule involved in many cellular functions such as cell motility, metabolism, protein modification, protein folding, and apoptosis. Calcium is stored in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER), where it is buffered by calcium binding chaperones such as calnexin and calreticulin, and is released via the IP3 Receptor channel (1). Calreticulin also functions as an ER chaperone that ensures proper folding and quality control of newly synthesized glycoproteins. As such, calreticulin presumably does not alter protein folding but regulates proper timing for efficient folding and subunit assembly. Furthermore, calreticulin retains proteins in non-native conformation within the ER and targets them for degradation (2,3).
- Groenendyk, J. et al. (2004) Mol Cells 17, 383-9.
- Nauseef, W.M. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 4741-7.
- Williams, D.B. (2006) J Cell Sci 119, 615-23.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8548 Phospho-IP3 Receptor (Ser1756) (D10E3) Rabbit mAb
- 8568 IP3 Receptor 1 (D53A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2798 ERp72 Antibody
- 2881 ERp57 (G117) Antibody
- 2887 ERp57 (A484) Antibody
- 9956 ER Stress Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.