Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
IL-1β (3A6) Mouse mAb #12242
|12242S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12242||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||17,31||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
IL-1β (3A6) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total IL-1β protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant human IL-1β protein.
Western blot analysis of 1 ng recombinant Human Interleukin-1β (hIL-1β) #8900 and 1 ng recombinant Mouse Interleukin-1β (mIL-1β) #5204 using IL-1β (3A6) Mouse mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from THP-1 cells, untreated (-) or LPS-treated (100 ng/mL, 3 hr; +), using IL-1β (3A6) Mouse mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from Raw 264.7 cells, untreated (-) or treated with Brefeldin A #9972 (300 ng/mL, last 3 hr of stimulation; +) and LPS (100 ng/mL, 6 hr; +), using IL-1β (3A6) Mouse mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Interleukin-1β (IL-1β), one of the major caspase-1 targets, is a multifunctional cytokine that is involved in a host of immune and proinflammatory responses (1). It is produced primarily by activated monocytes and macrophages. It signals through various adaptor proteins and kinases that lead to activation of numerous downstream targets (2-6). Human IL-1β is synthesized as a 31 kDa precursor. To gain activity, the precursor must be cleaved by caspase-1 between Asp116 and Ala117 to yield a 17 kDa mature form (7,8). Detection of the 17 kDa mature form of IL-1β is a good indicator of caspase-1 activity.
- Dinarello, C.A. (1998) Int Rev Immunol 16, 457-99.
- Burns, K. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 12203-9.
- Cao, Z. et al. (1996) Nature 383, 443-6.
- Cao, Z. et al. (1996) Science 271, 1128-31.
- Wesche, H. et al. (1997) Immunity 7, 837-47.
- Ninomiya-Tsuji, J. et al. (1999) Nature 398, 252-6.
- Thornberry, N.A. et al. (1992) Nature 356, 768-74.
- Cerretti, D.P. et al. (1992) Science 256, 97-100.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8900 Human Interleukin-1β (hIL-1β)
- 5204 Mouse Interleukin-1β (mIL-1β)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.