Product Pathways - Metabolism
CYP3A4 Antibody #12249
|W IP||H Mk||Endogenous||50||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CYP3A4 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total CYP3A4 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human CYP3A4 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Cytochrome P450, subfamily 3A, polypeptide 4 (CYP3A4) is a mono-oxygenase enzyme (1) found in the endoplasmic reticulum membrane of liver and prostate microsomes. It is an important enzyme in drug metabolism; it catalyzes phase I oxidation reactions in approximately 50% of drugs in the modern market, as well as steroids, fatty acids, and some carcinogens (2). It is also involved in steroid and cholesterol synthesis (3,4). Expression of CYP3A4 can be induced by glucocorticoids, carcinogens, pesticides, and drugs, which can lead to drug interactions and toxicity (5).
- Gupta, R.P. et al. (2004) J Bone Miner Res 19, 680-8.
- Lynch, T. and Price, A. (2007) Am Fam Physician 76, 391-6.
- Pikuleva, I.A. (2006) Pharmacol Ther 112, 761-73.
- Tompkins, L.M. and Wallace, A.D. (2007) J Biochem Mol Toxicol 21, 176-81.
- Thummel, K.E. and Wilkinson, G.R. (1998) Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 38, 389-430.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.