Product Pathways - Autophagy Signaling
Ambra1 Antibody #12250
|W||H M R (Mk)||Endogenous||135-150||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ambra1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total Ambra1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala355 of human Ambra1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Activating molecule in Beclin1-regulated autophagy (Ambra1) is a WD40-containing protein expressed during neurodevelopment that is required for neural tube development and autophagy (1). Several studies have identified interactions between Ambra1 with regulators of autophagy and apoptosis (reviewed in 2). Ambra1 was originally found to interact with Beclin-1, a key protein responsible for activating the class III PI3K Vps34 (1). Further studies showed that Ambra1 tethers the Beclin-1-Vps34 complex to the cytoskeletal network through dynein light chains and that during autophagy ULK1 phosphorylates Ambra1, resulting in disassociation with dynein and translocation of the Beclin-Vps34 complex to the endoplasmic reticulum to initiate autophagsome formation (3,4). In addition, it has been found that Ambra1 binds to mitochondrial Bcl-2 and that this interaction is regulated by either apoptosis or autophagy (5,6). Ambra1 also interacts with Parkin, an E3 ubiquitin ligase important for mitophagy, a selective autophagic process of mitochondrial clearance (7,8).
- Fimia, G.M. et al. (2007) Nature 447, 1121-5.
- Fimia, G.M. et al. (2012) Oncogene , .
- Di Bartolomeo, S. et al. (2010) J Cell Biol 191, 155-68.
- Fimia, G.M. et al. (2011) Autophagy 7, 115-7.
- Strappazzon, F. et al. (2011) EMBO J 30, 1195-208.
- Tooze, S.A. and Codogno, P. (2011) EMBO J 30, 1185-6.
- Van Humbeeck, C. et al. (2011) J Neurosci 31, 10249-61.
- Van Humbeeck, C. et al. (2011) Autophagy 7, 1555-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.