Product Pathways - Metabolism
CPT1A (D3B3) Rabbit mAb #12252
|W IP||H||Endogenous||88||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CPT1A (D3B3) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total CPT1A protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu213 of human CPT1A protein.
Carnitine palmitoyltransferase-1 (CPT1), localized to the mitochondrial outer membrane, translocates fatty acids across the mitochondrial membranes and catalyzes the rate-limiting step of β-oxidation (1, 2). There are three isoforms of this enzyme: CPT1A (liver), CPT1B (muscle), and CPT1C (brain) (1, 2). Deficiency of CPT1A results in an autosomal recessive mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation disorder (3). Studies have shown that physiological high blood glucose and insulin levels inhibit CPT1B activity in human muscle and therefore divert long-chain fatty acids toward storage in human muscle as triglycerides (4). Furthermore, mice deficient in CPT1C show less food intake and reduced body weight (5). These findings suggest that CPT1 may play a role in metabolic syndromes.
- Wolfgang, M.J. et al. (2006) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103, 7282-7.
- Bonnefont, J.P. et al. Mol Aspects Med 25, 495-520.
- Ogawa, E. et al. (2002) J Hum Genet 47, 342-7.
- Rasmussen, B.B. et al. (2002) J Clin Invest 110, 1687-93.
- Wolfgang, M.J. and Lane, M.D. (2011) FEBS J 278, 552-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9432 BCAT2 Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.