Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Plectin-1 (D6A11) Rabbit mAb #12254
|W IP IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||400-500||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Plectin-1 (D6A11) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total plectin-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu2980 of human plectin-1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS-7 and U-2 OS cells using Plectin-1 (D6A11) Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of plectin-1 from U-2 OS cell extracts, using Plectin-1 (D6A11) Rabbit mAb (lane 2) or Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using Plectin-1 (D6A11) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells using Plectin-1 (D6A11) Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Plectin is a large, widely expressed protein that crosslinks the intermediate filament and actin cytoskeleton, mechanically stabilizing cells and tissues. Plectin also plays a role in the regulation of actin dynamics and acts as a scaffold for signaling molecules (1). Plectin is important in the stabilization of hemidesmosomes, crosslinking them to the intermediate filament network. Research studies have shown that mutations in plectin and other genes coding for hemidesmosomal proteins can cause epidermolysis bullosa, a condition manifested by fragile skin and frequent blistering (1,2). Plectin modulates signals to PKC through binding and sequestration of RACK1, the receptor for activated C kinase 1 (3,4). Plectin is also involved in the regulation of cytokeratin architecture and cell stress response (4), signaling through the chemokine receptor CXCR4 (5) and regulation of AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) activity and signaling in mouse myotubes (6).
- Wiche, G. (1998) J Cell Sci 111 ( Pt 17), 2477-86.
- Pfendner, E. et al. (2005) Exp Dermatol 14, 241-9.
- Osmanagic-Myers, S. and Wiche, G. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 18701-10.
- Osmanagic-Myers, S. et al. (2006) J Cell Biol 174, 557-68.
- Ding, Y. et al. (2008) Exp Cell Res 314, 590-602.
- Gregor, M. et al. (2006) J Cell Sci 119, 1864-75.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4548 Keratin 18 (DC10) Mouse mAb
- 4546 Keratin 8/18 (C51) Mouse mAb
- 4545 Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.