Product Pathways - Transcription Factors
E2A (D2B1) Rabbit mAb #12258
|W IP||H Mk||Endogenous||75||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
E2A (D2B1) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total E2A protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly112 of human E2A protein.
E2A is a member of the E-protein family of transcription factors, a subclass of basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) proteins that bind specifically to E-box consensus sequences (1,2). Alternative splicing generates two E2A isoforms (E47 and E12) that are actively involved in B cell lineage commitment, B cell maturation, IgK V-J rearrangement, peripheral B cell development, and tumor suppression (3). E2A acts in cis during G1 to promote immunoglobulin gene diversification (4). Research studies have shown that chromosomal translocations involving the E2A gene result in the expression of multiple fusion proteins and are associated with many cases of pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia (5).
- Murre, C. (2005) Nat Immunol 6, 1079-86.
- Bain, G. et al. (2001) Nat Immunol 2, 165-71.
- Schwartz, R. et al. (2006) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103, 9976-81.
- Yabuki, M. et al. (2009) J Immunol 182, 408-15.
- LeBrun, D.P. (2003) Front Biosci 8, s206-22.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8970 PAX5 (D19F8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9768 B Cell Signaling Antibody Sampler Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.