Product Pathways - Metabolism
G6PD (D5D2) Rabbit mAb #12263
|12263S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12263||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Monkey||Endogenous||58||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
G6PD (D5D2) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total G6PD protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human G6PD protein.
Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) catalyses the first, and rate-limiting, step of the pentose phosphate pathway (1). The NADPH generated from this reaction is essential to protect cells from oxidative stress (1). Research studies have shown that p53 interacts with G6PD and inhibits its activity, therefore suppressing glucose consumption through the pentose phosphate pathway (2). In cancer cells with p53 mutations, the increased glucose consumption is directed towards increased biosynthesis, which is critical for cancer cell proliferation (2).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8866 Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 5557 Succinyl-CoA Synthetase Antibody
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 3190 PKM1/2 (C103A3) Rabbit mAb
- 3106 PKM1/2 (C5E6) Rabbit mAb
- 3827 Phospho-PKM2 (Tyr105) Antibody
- 4053 PKM2 (D78A4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3205 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase (C54G1) Rabbit mAb
- 2784 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 2024 Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb
- 8169 Hexokinase II (3D7) Mouse mAb
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 5174 GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3582 LDHA (C4B5) Rabbit mAb
- 8164 PFKP (D4B2) Rabbit mAb
- 9645 PFKFB3 Antibody
- 8337 Glycolysis Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.