Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Synaptophysin (7H12) Mouse mAb #12270
|W||H M R||Endogenous||38||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Synaptophysin (7H12) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total synaptophysin protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human synaptophysin protein.
Synaptophysin (SYP) is a neuronal synaptic vesicle glycoprotein that is expressed in neuroendocrine cells and neoplasms (1). Synaptophysin contains four transmembrane domains that form a hexameric channel or gap junction-like pore (2). Synaptophysin binds to the SNARE protein synaptobrevin/VAMP, which prevents the inclusion of synaptobrevin in the synaptic vesicle fusion complex and creates a pool of synaptobrevin for exocytosis when synapse activity increases (3). Synaptophysin is also responsible for targeting synaptobrevin 2/VAMP2 to synaptic vesicles, a critical component of the fusion complex (4).
- Wiedenmann, B. et al. (1986) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 83, 3500-4.
- Valtorta, F. et al. (2004) Bioessays 26, 445-53.
- Arthur, C.P. and Stowell, M.H. (2007) Structure 15, 707-14.
- Bonanomi, D. et al. (2007) Biochem J 404, 525-34.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5461 Synaptophysin (D35E4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9020 Synaptophysin (7H12) Mouse mAb (IF Formulated)
- 3926 SNAP25 (D110) Antibody
- 2869 Syntaxin 6 (C34B2) Rabbit mAb
- 3450 PSD95 (D27E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4206 Phospho-NMDAR2A (Tyr1246) Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.