Product Pathways - Translational Control
PACT Antibody #12277
|12277S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12277||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
PACT Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total PACT protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human PACT protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
PACT (protein activator of protein kinase R) is a double stranded RNA binding protein and a cellular activator of PKR (protein kinase R), a kinase that mediates the antiviral and antiproliferative actions of interferon (1). Stress signals such as serum starvation and arsenite treatment induces PACT to heterodimerize with PKR, resulting in the phosphorylation of eIF-2α and inhibition of protein synthesis (1,2). PACT has also been shown to play a role in RNA-mediated gene silencing by stimulating the activity of Dicer, thereby affecting the efficiency of miRNA accumulation and siRNA gene silencing (3,4). More recently, PACT has been shown to interact with RIG-I, a sensor of viral nucleic acids, and stimulates RIG-I-induced type I interferon production (5). Researchers have found that mutations in PACT are associated with dystonia, a movement disorder where patients develop involuntary muscle contractions and postures (6-8).
- Patel, R.C. and Sen, G.C. (1998) EMBO J 17, 4379-90.
- Patel, C.V. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 37993-8.
- Lee, Y. et al. (2006) EMBO J 25, 522-32.
- Koscianska, E. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e28548.
- Kok, K.H. et al. (2011) Cell Host Microbe 9, 299-309.
- Bragg, D.C. et al. (2011) Neurobiol Dis 42, 136-47.
- Camargos, S. et al. (2008) Lancet Neurol 7, 207-15.
- Seibler, P. et al. (2008) Lancet Neurol 7, 380-1.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 5362 Dicer (D38E7) Rabbit mAb
- 5325 Dicer (D5F2) Rabbit mAb
- 2766 PKR (N216) Antibody
- 3072 PKR Antibody
- 3743 Rig-I (D14G6) Rabbit mAb
- 4200 Rig-I (D33H10) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.