Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
CARD9 Antibody (Mouse Preferred) #12283
|12283S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12283||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
CARD9 Antibody (Mouse Preferred) recognizes endogenous levels of total CARD9 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding His478 of mouse CARD9 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Raw 264.7 and JAWSII cells using CARD9 Antibody (Mouse Preferred).
CARD9 is a caspase recruitment domain (CARD)-containing adaptor protein expressed by myeloid cells (1,2). It is required for antifungal immunity downstream of pathogen detection by C-type lectin receptors (CLRs) such as Dectin-1 (3,4). Recognition of carbohydrates on fungal cell walls by CLRs leads to activation of the tyrosine kinase Syk, followed by activation of PKCδ (5,6). PKCδ phosphorylates CARD9, enabling the assembly of a complex containing CARD9 and Bcl10 (6). This complex activates NF-κB, resulting in upregulation of inflammatory cytokines important for initiation of adaptive immunity (3,4,6,7). CARD9 was also shown to be important for the induction of IL-1β, downstream of the viral nucleic acid sensor RIG-I, as well as for the generation of reactive oxygen species important for bacterial killing by macrophages (2,8).
- Bertin, J. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 41082-6.
- Hsu, Y.M. et al. (2007) Nat Immunol 8, 198-205.
- Gross, O. et al. (2006) Nature 442, 651-6.
- Bi, L. et al. (2010) J Biol Chem 285, 25969-77.
- Rogers, N.C. et al. (2005) Immunity 22, 507-17.
- Strasser, D. et al. (2012) Immunity 36, 32-42.
- LeibundGut-Landmann, S. et al. (2007) Nat Immunol 8, 630-8.
- Wu, W. et al. (2009) Nat Immunol 10, 1208-14.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 12416 CARD9 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.