Product Pathways - Protein Translation
FXR1 (D10A2) XP® Rabbit mAb #12295
|12295S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12295P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12295||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||78-80, 82-84||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
FXR1 (D10A2) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total FXR1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly574 of human FXR1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using FXR1 (D10A2) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from human and mouse skeletal muscle tissues using FXR1 (D10A2) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of C2C12 cells, untreated (left) or MG-132 treated (10 μg/mL, 3 hr; right), using FXR1 (D10A2) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Fragile X syndrome is a genetic disorder characterized by a spectrum of physical and behavioral features and is a frequent form of inherited mental retardation (1). X-linked FMRP (FMR-1) and its two autosomal homologs, FXR1 and FXR2, are polyribosome-associated RNA-binding proteins that are involved in the pathogenesis of fragile X syndrome (1-3). Each of the fragile X proteins can self-associate, as well as form heteromers with the other two related proteins (3). FMRP can act as a translation regulator and is a component of RNAi effector complexes (RISC), suggesting a role in gene silencing (4). The Drosophila homolog of FMRP (dFMRP) associates with Argonaute 2 (Ago2) and Dicer and can coimmunoprecipitate with miRNA and siRNA (5). These results suggest that fragile X syndrome is related to abnormal translation caused by defects in RNAi-related pathways. In addition, FMRP, FXR1, and FXR2 are components of stress granules (SG) and have been implicated in the translational regulation of mRNAs (6).
- Verkerk, A.J. et al. (1991) Cell 65, 905-14.
- Siomi, M.C. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2401-8.
- Zhang, Y. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 5358-66.
- Caudy, A.A. et al. (2002) Genes Dev 16, 2491-6.
- Siomi, H. et al. (2004) Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev 10, 68-74.
- Linder, B. et al. (2008) Hum Mol Genet 17, 3236-46.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4173 FXR1 Antibody
- 4264 FXR1 (L662) Antibody
- 7098 FXR2 (D85D6) Rabbit mAb
- 4247 FXR2 Antibody
- 7104 FMRP (D14F4) Rabbit mAb
- 4317 FMRP Antibody
- 4524 FMRP (G468) Antibody
- 3363 Dicer Antibody
- 3364 Drosha (D28B1) Rabbit mAb
- 3410 Drosha (D30F3) Rabbit mAb
- 6915 Miwi (D92B7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2079 Miwi (G82) Antibody
- 2025 Miwi (D478) Antibody
- 5940 Mili (D14F5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2071 Mili Antibody
- 5053 Argonaute 1 (D84G10) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9388 Argonaute 1 Antibody
- 2897 Argonaute 2 (C34C6) Rabbit mAb
- 6913 Argonaute 4 (D10F10) Rabbit mAb
- 4052 THEX1 (D2B4) Rabbit mAb
- 4055 THEX1 (D66A11) Rabbit mAb
- 4049 THEX1 Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.