Product Pathways - Translational Control
PKR (D7F7) Rabbit mAb #12297
|12297S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12297||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
PKR (D7F7) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total PKR protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu222 of human PKR protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from PANC-1, RD, and HeLa cells using PKR (D7F7) Rabbit mAb.
Protein kinase R (PKR) is transcriptionally induced by interferon and activated by double-stranded RNA (dsRNA). PKR inhibits translation initiation through phosphorylation of the α subunit of the initiation factor eIF2 (eIF2α) and also controls the activation of several transcription factors, such as NF-κB, p53, and the Stats. In addition, PKR mediates apoptosis induced by many different stimuli, such as LPS, TNF-α, viral infection, and serum starvation (1,2). Activation of PKR by dsRNA results in PKR dimerization and autophosphorylation of Thr446 and Thr451 in the activation loop. Substitution of threonine for alanine at position 451 completely inactivated PKR, while a mutant with a threonine to alanine substitution at position 446 was partially active (3). Research studies have implicated PKR activation in the pathologies of neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer's disease (4,5).
- Williams, B.R. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6112-6120.
- Gil, J. and Esteban, M. (2000) Apoptosis 5, 107-114.
- Romano, P. R. et al. (1998) Mol. Cell. Biol. 18, 2282-2297.
- Peel, A.L. and Bredesen, D.E. (2003) Neurobiol. Dis. 14, 52-62.
- Peel, A.L. (2004) J. Neuropath. Exp. Neurol. 63, 97-105.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3072 PKR Antibody
- 2766 PKR (N216) Antibody
- 5683 PERK (D11A8) Rabbit mAb
- 3192 PERK (C33E10) Rabbit mAb
- 3179 Phospho-PERK (Thr980) (16F8) Rabbit mAb
- 3597 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) (119A11) Rabbit mAb
- 9721 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) Antibody
- 5554 CHOP (D46F1) Rabbit mAb
- 2895 CHOP (L63F7) Mouse mAb
- 3177 BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb
- 3183 BiP Antibody
- 2679 Calnexin (C5C9) Rabbit mAb
- 2433 Calnexin Antibody
- 2891 Calreticulin Antibody
- 3264 Ero1-Lα Antibody
- 2886 ERp44 Antibody
- 3294 IRE1α (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2157 MBTPS2 Antibody
- 2446 PDI Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.