Product Pathways - Protein Stability
APC2 Antibody #12301
|12301S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12301||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||100||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Hamster, Bovine, Dog, Guinea Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
APC2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total APC2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys458 of human APC2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, either mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human APC2 (hAPC2-Myc/DDK; +), using APC2 Antibody.
Immunoprecipitation of APC2 from 293T cell extracts, using Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 (lane 2) or APC2 Antibody (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using APC2 Antibody.
Cell proliferation in all eukaryotic cells depends strictly upon the ubiquitin ligase (E3) activity of the anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C), whose main function is to trigger the transition of the cell cycle from metaphase to anaphase. APC/C is a 1.5 MDa protein complex found in the nucleus of interphase cells. This complex diffuses throughout the cytoplasm and associates with parts of the spindle apparatus during mitosis. APC/C performs its various functions by promoting the assembly of polyubiquitin chains on substrate proteins, which targets these proteins for degradation by the 26S proteasome (1,2). In humans, twelve different APC/C subunits have been identified. Like all E3 enzymes, APC/C utilizes ubiquitin that has been activated by E1 enzymes and then transferred to E2 enzymes. Indeed APC/C has been shown to transiently interact with UBCH5 and UBCH10 E2 enzymes, in part, via the RING-finger domain-containing subunit, APC11 (3-5). In addition to E2 enzymes, APC/C activity is also strictly dependent upon one of several cofactors that associate with APC/C during specific phases of the cell cycle. The best studied of these are Cdc20 and Cdh1/FZR1, which contain a C-terminal WD40 domain and participate in the recognition of APC/C substrates by interacting with specific recognition elements in these substrates (6), called D-boxes (7) and KEN-boxes (8).
Anaphase-promoting complex subunit 2 (APC2) is a distant member of the cullin family (9,10) that interacts with a RING-H2 finger protein related to Rbx1/Hrt1/Roc1, called APC11, to form the catalytic subcomplex of the APC/C. The APC2/11 subcomplex recruits E2 enzymes such as UBE2C/UBCH10 and is required for the APC/C to catalyze substrate ubiquitination (11). Therefore, APC is a member of the expanding family of cullin-RING finger-based ubiquitin ligases. The physiologic importance of APC2 was underscored by the finding that disruption of murine Apc2 causes embryonic lethality (12).
- Qiao, X. et al. (2010) Cell Cycle 9, 3904-12.
- Harper, J.W. et al. (2002) Genes Dev 16, 2179-206.
- Carroll, C.W. and Morgan, D.O. (2002) Nat Cell Biol 4, 880-7.
- Gmachl, M. et al. (2000) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97, 8973-8.
- Leverson, J.D. et al. (2000) Mol Biol Cell 11, 2315-25.
- Kraft, C. et al. (2005) Mol Cell 18, 543-53.
- Glotzer, M. et al. (1991) Nature 349, 132-8.
- Pfleger, C.M. and Kirschner, M.W. (2000) Genes Dev 14, 655-65.
- Zachariae, W. et al. (1998) Science 279, 1216-9.
- Yu, H. et al. (1998) Science 279, 1219-22.
- Tang, Z. et al. (2001) Mol Biol Cell 12, 3839-51.
- Wirth, K.G. et al. (2004) Genes Dev 18, 88-98.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9063 APC3 Antibody
- 9499 APC6 (D8D8) Rabbit mAb
- 4823 CDC20 Antibody
- 8038 Phospho-CDC20 (Ser51) Antibody
- 9630 UBE2S Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 2729 Normal Rabbit IgG
- 9863 Protein A Agarose Beads
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.