Product Pathways - Stem Cell and Lineage Markers
Thap11/Ronin Antibody #12305
|W IP||H M (R) (Mk)||Endogenous||49||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Thap11/Ronin Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total Thap11/Ronin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human Thap11 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Thanatos-associated protein (Thap) proteins are a family of cellular factors that are characterized by an evolutionarily conserved protein motif similar to the DNA-binding domain of Drosophila P element transposase (1). There are 12 known human Thap proteins that all act as site-specific DNA-binding factors involved in transcriptional regulation, cell proliferation, chromatin modification, and apoptosis (2-4). Human Thap11 has been shown to suppress cell growth through transcriptional suppression of c-Myc (5). The mouse homolog of Thap11, Ronin, has been identified as an essential factor underlying embryogenesis in mouse embryonic stem cells (6).
- Roussigne, M. et al. (2003) Trends Biochem Sci 28, 66-9.
- Cayrol, C. et al. (2007) Blood 109, 584-94.
- Macfarlan, T. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 7346-58.
- Roussigne, M. et al. (2003) Oncogene 22, 2432-42.
- Zhu, C.Y. et al. (2009) Cell Death Differ 16, 395-405.
- Volchegorskiĭ, I.A. et al. Vopr Med Khim 37, 86-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.