Product Pathways - Development
NKX2.2 Antibody #12310
|W||H (Mk)||Transfected Only||40||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NKX2.2 Antibody recognizes transfected levels of total NKX2.2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala92 of human NKX2.2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The NKX family of homeobox genes are known to act as intermediaries in the neural response to Sonic hedgehog signaling during central nervous system development (1). NKX2.2 is a member of this family of transcription factors and is necessary for neuroendocrine differentiation in the central nervous system and pancreas (2,3). NKX2.2 mutant mice die shortly after birth due to incomplete differentiation of insulin-producing pancreatic β cells and defects in ventral neural patterning (2,3). According to the research literature, expression of NKX2.2 has also been found in neuroendocrine tumors of the gut, making it a potential marker for the study of gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumors (4).
- Sander, M. et al. (2000) Genes Dev 14, 2134-9.
- Sussel, L. et al. (1998) Development 125, 2213-21.
- Briscoe, J. et al. (1999) Nature 398, 622-7.
- Wang, Y.C. et al. (2009) Endocr Relat Cancer 16, 267-79.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.