Product Pathways - Stem Cell and Lineage Markers
Brachyury Antibody #12312
|W||H (Mk)||Transfected Only||56||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Brachyury Antibody recognizes transfected levels of total Brachyury protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly234 of human Brachyury protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
T protein is a transcription factor that is vital for the formation of posterior mesoderm and axial development during vertebrate embryogenesis (1). The mouse homolog, Brachyury, is necessary for mesodermal morphogenetic cell movements during gastrulation. Brachyury mutant mice die in utero and display deficient mesoderm formation including an abnormal notochord, missing posterior somites, and a reduced allantois (2). The Brachyury gene is expressed in the notochord, as well as in chordoma tumors that occur along the spine, making it a good marker for notochord and notochord-derived tumors (3,4). A common polymorphism in the human T homolog has also been shown to be associated with development of the multifactorial neural tube defect, spina bifida (5,6).
- Edwards, Y.H. et al. (1996) Genome Res 6, 226-33.
- Wilson, V. et al. (1995) Development 121, 877-86.
- Vujovic, S. et al. (2006) J Pathol 209, 157-65.
- Yang, X.R. et al. (2009) Nat Genet 41, 1176-8.
- Morrison, K. et al. (1996) Hum Mol Genet 5, 669-74.
- Jensen, L.E. et al. (2004) Hum Genet 115, 475-82.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.