Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
KIFC1 Antibody #12313
|12313S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12313||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
KIFC1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total KIFC1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human KIFC1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Kinesin superfamily proteins (KIFs) are molecular motors that drive directional, microtubule-dependent intracellular transport of membrane-bound organelles and other macromolecules (e.g. proteins, nucleic acids). The intracellular transport functions of KIFs are fundamentally important for a variety of cellular functions, including mitotic and meiotic division, motility/migration, hormone and neurotransmitter release, and differentiation (1-4). Disruptions to KIF-mediated intracellular transport have been linked with a variety of pathologies, ranging from tumorigenesis to defects in higher order brain function, such as learning and memory (4-6).
KIFC1/HSET is a minus-end directed KIF involved in the processing and movement of early endocytic vesicles (7,8), as well as microtubule crosslinking and spindle assembly (9,10).
- Hirokawa, N. et al. (2009) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 10, 682-96.
- Yu, Y. and Feng, Y.M. (2010) Cancer 116, 5150-60.
- Park, J.J. et al. (2008) Mol Endocrinol 22, 989-1005.
- Hirokawa, N. et al. (2010) Neuron 68, 610-38.
- Yoshimura, Y. et al. (2010) Mol Cell Biol 30, 2206-19.
- Hirokawa, N. and Noda, Y. (2008) Physiol Rev 88, 1089-118.
- Nath, S. et al. (2007) Mol Biol Cell 18, 1839-49.
- Zhu, C. et al. (2005) Mol Biol Cell 16, 3187-99.
- Mountain, V. et al. (1999) J Cell Biol 147, 351-66.
- Cai, S. et al. (2009) Mol Biol Cell 20, 1348-59.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8507 KIF3A (D7G3) Rabbit mAb
- 7625 Eg5 Antibody
- 4203 Eg5 (4H3-1F12) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.