Product Pathways - Protein Stability
TRIM25 Antibody #12315
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TRIM25 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total TRIM25 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gln146 of human TRIM25 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
TRIM25, also termed Estrogen-responsive Finger Protein (EFP), is a member of the tripartite motif-containing (TRIM) family of proteins, characterized by the presence of a RING domain, one or two B-box motifs, and a coiled-coil region (1). TRIM25 was first identified in a search for estrogen-responsive genes (2), and studies have subsequently shown TRIM25 to be overexpressed in many breast cancer tumors (3). A potentially oncogenic role for TRIM25 was suggested by studies showing that suppression of TRIM25 expression inhibited growth of MCF7 cells, in vitro and in mouse xenograft models (4). Functional studies largely suggest that TRIM25 functions as a ubiquitin E3 or ISG15 E3 ligase. For example, TRIM25 was shown to induce K63-linked ubiquitination of Rig-I, resulting in Rig-I-mediated activation of downstream signaling cascades that drive the host antiviral innate immune response (5). Notably, it was reported that the influenza A virus non-structural protein 1 inhibits TRIM25-mediated ubiquitination of Rig-I, which may have evolved as a mechanism to evade the host innate immune response (6).
- Meroni, G. and Diez-Roux, G. (2005) Bioessays 27, 1147-57.
- Inoue, S. et al. (1993) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90, 11117-21.
- Suzuki, T. et al. (2005) Clin Cancer Res 11, 6148-54.
- Ueyama, K. et al. (2010) Cancer Gene Ther 17, 624-32.
- Gack, M.U. et al. (2007) Nature 446, 916-920.
- Gack, M.U. et al. (2009) Cell Host Microbe 5, 439-49.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 5182 TRIM29/ATDC Antibody
- 8972 TRIM33 Antibody
- 2517 Phospho-Estrogen Receptor α (Ser104/106) Antibody
- 2511 Phospho-Estrogen Receptor α (Ser118) (16J4) Mouse mAb
- 5587 Phospho-Estrogen Receptor α (Ser167) (D1A3) Rabbit mAb
- 8644 Estrogen Receptor α (D8H8) Rabbit mAb
- 9924 Phospho-Estrogen Receptor α Antibody Sampler Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.