Product Pathways - Transcription Factors
c-Myb (D2R4Y) Rabbit mAb #12319
|W IP||H (M)||Endogenous||80||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
c-Myb (D2R4Y) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total c-Myb protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human c-Myb protein.
c-Myb is a transcriptional activator that specifically recognizes the sequence 5'-YAAC[GT]G-3'. It is expressed in hematopoietic progenitor cells where it plays an important role in the control of proliferation and differentiation (1-3). c-Myb is required for transcription of genes involved in self-renewal of intestinal stem cells. Importantly, c-Myb regulates expression of Lgr5, a protein expressed in putative intestinal stem cells that give rise to all cell lineages of small intestinal crypts (4). c-Myb is reported to be expressed in colon crypt cells and in human colorectal cancer lines (5,6). Research has shown that c-Myb gene translocations and copy number alterations are found in several leukemias, breast cancer, and other solid tumors (7,8).
- Lin, H.H. et al. (1996) Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 211, 79-87.
- Mucenski, M.L. et al. (1991) Cell 65, 677-89.
- Badiani, P. et al. (1994) Genes Dev 8, 770-82.
- Cheasley, D. et al. (2011) Stem Cells 29, 2042-50.
- Thompson, M.A. et al. (1998) Cancer Res 58, 5168-75.
- Wilkins, H.R. et al. (2010) Tumour Biol 31, 16-22.
- Ramsay, R.G. and Gonda, T.J. (2008) Nat Rev Cancer 8, 523-34.
- Stenman, G. et al. (2010) Cell Cycle 9, 2986-95.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.