Product Pathways - Translational Control
Pumilio 2 Antibody #12323
|W IP||H M (R) (Mk)||Endogenous||110-125||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Pumilio 2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total Pumilio 2 protein. Pumilio 2 Antibody is expected to recognize all three known Pumilio 2 protein isoforms. Cross reactive bands of unknown origin are observed around 45 kDa.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human Pumilio 2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Pumilio 1 and Pumilio 2 (PUM1, PUM2, or Pumilio homolog 1 and 2, respectively) are evolutionarily conserved RNA binding proteins that are thought to repress translation and stability of mRNA targets by binding to the 3'-UTR of specific RNA sequences (1). Pumilio proteins have been implicated in the regulation of genes involved in embryogenesis and germline cell development (2). Research studies have shown that PUM2 may have a role in neural stem cell fate decisions (3).
- Weidmann, C.A. and Goldstrohm, A.C. (2012) Mol Cell Biol 32, 527-40.
- Spassov, D.S. and Jurecic, R. (2003) IUBMB Life 55, 359-66.
- Vessey, J.P. et al. (2012) Cell Stem Cell , .
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 12322 Pumilio 1 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.