Product Pathways - Adhesion
CDCP1 (D8M5K) Rabbit mAb #12327
|W||H||Endogenous||140, 70||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CDCP1 (D8M5K) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total CDCP1 protein. This antibody recognizes an epitope in the extracellular domain of CDCP1.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala354 of human CDCP1 protein.
CDCP1 (CUB domain containing protein, SIMA135) is a putative stem cell marker that has been shown in research studies to be highly expressed in some human cancer cells and in both typical and atypical (cancerous) colons (1). Expression of CDCP1 may be epigenetically regulated, as methylation of promoter CpG sequences results in decreased CDCP1 expression (2). The corresponding CDCP1 gene encodes a glycoprotein that acts as a complex, multidomain transmembrane antigen. Three CUB domains in its extracellular region are possibly involved in cell adhesion or extracellular matrix interaction (1,3). Src-family kinases may phosphorylate CDCP1 at five tyrosine residues within its cytoplasmic domain to provide a potential binding site for SH2 domain-containing proteins (3). CDCP1 is a putative marker for hematopoietic stem cells (4,5).
- Scherl-Mostageer, M. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 4402-4408.
- Ikeda, J.I. et al. (2006) J. Pathol. 210, 75-84.
- Hooper, J.D. et al. (2003) Oncogene 22, 1783-1794.
- Conze, T. et al. (2003) Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 996, 222-226.
- Bühring, H.J. et al. (2004) Stem Cells 22, 334-343.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9050 Phospho-CDCP1 (Tyr734) Antibody
- 4115 CDCP1 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.