Product Pathways - Neuroscience
TPH-1 (D10C10) Rabbit mAb #12339
|12339S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12339||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TPH-1 (D10C10) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total TPH-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human TPH-1 protein.
Tryptophan hydroxylase (TPH) is the rate-limiting enzyme in the biosynthesis of serotonin (1) by converting tryptophan to 5-hydroxy-L-tryptophan (2). Two isoforms of TPH exist: TPH-1 is mainly expressed in the periphery, whereas the expression of TPH-2 is restricted to neuronal cells and the central nervous system (3). Most of the serotonin found throughout the body is synthesized by TPH-1 in enterochromaffin cells of the gastrointestinal tract. Targeted disruption of the tph1 gene results in low levels of circulating and tissue serotonin (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8648 Parkinson's Research Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4179 α-Synuclein (D37A6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4211 Parkin (Prk8) Mouse mAb
- 5559 LRRK2 Antibody
- 5560 DJ-1 (D21E11) Rabbit mAb
- 6946 PINK1 (D8G3) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.