Product Pathways - Neuroscience
TPH-1 (D10C10) Rabbit mAb #12339
|W IP||M (H)||Endogenous||51||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TPH-1 (D10C10) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total TPH-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human TPH-1 protein.
Tryptophan hydroxylase (TPH) is the rate-limiting enzyme in the biosynthesis of serotonin (1) by converting tryptophan to 5-hydroxy-L-tryptophan (2). Two isoforms of TPH exist: TPH-1 is mainly expressed in the periphery, whereas the expression of TPH-2 is restricted to neuronal cells and the central nervous system (3). Most of the serotonin found throughout the body is synthesized by TPH-1 in enterochromaffin cells of the gastrointestinal tract. Targeted disruption of the tph1 gene results in low levels of circulating and tissue serotonin (4).
- Hale, M.W. et al. (2011) J Chem Neuroanat 41, 219-26.
- Silva, S.R. et al. (2011) Anticancer Res 31, 1153-60.
- Walther, D.J. et al. (2003) Science 299, 76.
- Amireault, P. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108, 13141-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8648 Parkinson's Research Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4179 α-Synuclein (D37A6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4211 Parkin (Prk8) Mouse mAb
- 5559 LRRK2 Antibody
- 5560 DJ-1 (D21E11) Rabbit mAb
- 6946 PINK1 (D8G3) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.