Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
ARID1A/BAF250A (D2A8U) Rabbit mAb #12354
|12354S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12354||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||250||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
ARID1A/BAF250A (D2A8U) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total ARID1A/BAF250A protein. This antibody also cross-reacts with proteins of unknown origin at 65 kDa.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly1293 of human ARID1A/BAF250A protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using ARID1A/BAF250A (D2A8U) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of T-47D and Jurkat cell extracts using ARID1A/BAF250A (D2A8U) Rabbit mAb (upper) or ß-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower). Additional ARID1A/BAF250A degradation products may be detected in some cell extracts between 135kDa-250kDa, which are absent in the ARID1A/BAF250A negative T-47D cell line.
Immunohistochemical analysis of mouse colon using ARID1A/BAF250A (D2A8U) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded cell pellets, COS-7 (left) or T-47D (right), using ARID1A/BAF250A (D2A8U) Rabbit mAb.
ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling complexes play an essential role in the regulation of nuclear processes such as transcription and DNA replication and repair (1,2). The SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex consists of more than 10 subunits and contains a single molecule of either BRM or BRG1 as the ATPase catalytic subunit. The activity of the ATPase subunit disrupts histone-DNA contacts and changes the accessibility of crucial regulatory elements to the chromatin. The additional core and accessory subunits play a scaffolding role to maintain stability and provide surfaces for interaction with various transcription factors and chromatin (2-5). The interactions between SWI/SNF subunits and transcription factors, such as nuclear receptors, p53, Rb, BRCA1, and MyoD, facilitate recruitment of the complex to target genes for regulation of gene activation, cell growth, cell cycle, and differentiation processes (1,6-9).
ARID1A is one of the accessory subunits of the SWI/SNF complex that is an essential part of the esBAF (mouse embryonic stem cell specific SWI/SNF complex). ARID1A is critical for ES cell pluripotency and differentiation into mesoderm-derived cardiomyocytes and adipocytes (10). In addition, ARID1A has been found to be frequently mutated in several cancers such as uterine and ovarian endometrioid carcinoma and ovarian clear cell carcinoma (11-13).
- Ho, L. and Crabtree, G.R. (2010) Nature 463, 474-84.
- Becker, P.B. and Hörz, W. (2002) Annu Rev Biochem 71, 247-73.
- Eberharter, A. and Becker, P.B. (2004) J Cell Sci 117, 3707-11.
- Bowman, G.D. (2010) Curr Opin Struct Biol 20, 73-81.
- Gangaraju, V.K. and Bartholomew, B. (2007) Mutat Res 618, 3-17.
- Lessard, J.A. and Crabtree, G.R. (2010) Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 26, 503-32.
- Morettini, S. et al. (2008) Front Biosci 13, 5522-32.
- Wolf, I.M. et al. (2008) J Cell Biochem 104, 1580-6.
- Simone, C. (2006) J Cell Physiol 207, 309-14.
- Gao, X. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105, 6656-61.
- Jones, S. et al. (2010) Science 330, 228-31.
- Wiegand, K.C. et al. (2010) N Engl J Med 363, 1532-43.
- Guan, B. et al. (2011) Am J Surg Pathol 35, 625-32.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3508 Brg1 (A52) Antibody
- 3514 Brg1 (P680) Antibody
- 11966 BRM (D9E8B) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 11956 SMARCC1/BAF155 (D7F8S) Rabbit mAb
- 8829 SMARCC2/BAF170 Antibody
- 8745 SNF5 (D9C2) Rabbit mAb
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.