Product Pathways - Innate Immunity
SAMHD1 Antibody #12361
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SAMHD1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total SAMHD1 protein. This antibody cross-reacts with a 30 kDa protein of unknown origin.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro607 of human SAMHD1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
SAM domain and HD domain-containing protein 1 (SAMHD1) is a negative regulator of the cell-intrinsic innate immune response (1). Research studies have identified mutations in SAMHD1 as a cause of Aicardi-Goutieres syndrome, an autoimmune disease characterized by elevated production of interferon-α and symptoms resembling congenital viral infection (1). Recently, SAMHD1 was identified as the restriction factor that renders most myeloid cells refractory to infection by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) (2-4). Expression of the viral protein Vpx in refractory cells targets SAMHD1 for ubiquitin-mediated degradation and relieves HIV restriction. SAMHD1 prevents autoimmunity and HIV infection by hydrolizing intracellular deoxynucleoside triphosphates (dNTPs), thereby limiting inappropriate immune activation by self nucleic acid and inhibiting reverse transcription of the HIV genome (4-6).
- Rice, G.I. et al. (2009) Nat Genet 41, 829-32.
- Laguette, N. et al. (2011) Nature 474, 654-7.
- Hrecka, K. et al. (2011) Nature 474, 658-61.
- Powell, R.D. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 43596-600.
- Goldstone, D.C. et al. (2011) Nature 480, 379-82.
- Lahouassa, H. et al. (2012) Nat Immunol 13, 223-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.