Product Pathways - Neuroscience
GFAP (D1F4Q) XP® Rabbit mAb #12389
|12389S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12389P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12389||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||50||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-F=Immunofluorescence (Frozen)
Specificity / Sensitivity
GFAP (D1F4Q) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total GFAP protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp395 of human GFAP protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse brain, NIH/3T3 cells, rat brain, and C6 cells using GFAP (D1F4Q) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
The cytoskeleton consists of three types of cytosolic fibers: microfilaments (actin filaments), intermediate filaments, and microtubules. Major types of intermediate filaments are specifically expressed in particular cell types: cytokeratins in epithelial cells, glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) in glial cells, desmin in skeletal, visceral, and certain vascular smooth muscle cells, vimentin in cells of mesenchymal origin, and neurofilaments in neurons. GFAP and vimentin form intermediate filaments in astroglial cells and modulate their motility and shape (1). In particular, vimentin filaments are present at early developmental stages, while GFAP filaments are characteristic of differentiated and mature brain astrocytes. Thus, GFAP is commonly used as a marker for intracranial and intraspinal tumors arising from astrocytes (2). In addition, GFAP intermediate filaments are also present in nonmyelin-forming Schwann cells in the peripheral nervous system (3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3670 GFAP (GA5) Mouse mAb
- 8707 MAP2 (D5G1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4604 Doublecortin Antibody
- 3453 Phospho-Doublecortin (Ser334) Antibody
- 8238 p75NTR (D4B3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5568 β3-Tubulin (D71G9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5664 CNPase (D83E10) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2837 Neurofilament-L (C28E10) Rabbit mAb
- 6710 Synapsin-1 (D13C1) Rabbit mAb
- 5461 Synaptophysin (D35E4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4179 α-Synuclein (D37A6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.