Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
YAP (1A12) Mouse mAb #12395
|12395S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12395||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Monkey||Endogenous||65-75||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
YAP (1A12) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total YAP protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein corresponding to a fragment of human YAP1 protein.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded breast carcinoma using YAP (1A12) Mouse mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using YAP (1A12) Mouse mAb (upper) and β-actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded ovarian carcinoma using YAP (1A12) Mouse mAb.
YAP (Yes-associated protein, YAP65) was identified based on its ability to associate with the SH3 domain of Yes. It also binds to other SH3 domain-containing proteins such as Nck, Crk, Src, and Abl (1). In addition to the SH3 binding motif, YAP contains a PDZ interaction motif, a coiled-coil domain, and WW domains (2-4). While initial studies of YAP all pointed towards a role in anchoring and targeting to specific subcellular compartments, subsequent studies showed that YAP is a transcriptional co-activator by virtue of its WW domain interacting with the PY motif (PPxY) of the transcription factor PEBP2 and other transcription factors (5,6). Upon phosphorylation at Ser127, YAP interacts with 14-3-3 in an Akt-dependent manner and suppresses p73-mediated apoptosis (6).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8125 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Mouse)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 4912 YAP Antibody
- 4911 Phospho-YAP (Ser127) Antibody
- 8418 YAP/TAZ (D24E4) Rabbit mAb
- 8699 Phospho-MOB1 (Thr35) (D2F10) Rabbit mAb
- 8843 Phospho-MOB1 (Thr12) (D2E3) Rabbit mAb
- 3507 Sav1 Antibody
- 4883 TAZ (V386) Antibody
- 2149 TAZ Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 5127 Mouse Anti-rabbit IgG (Conformation Specific) (L27A9) mAb (HRP Conjugate)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.