Product Pathways - Metabolism
Malic Enzyme (Mitochondrial) Antibody #12399
|12399S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12399||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Malic Enzyme (Mitochondrial) Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total malic enzyme (mitochondrial) protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly450 of human malic enzyme (mitochondrial) protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Malic Enzyme (Mitochondrial) Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with either a construct expressing DDK-tagged full-length human malic enzyme (cytoplasmic) (hME1-DDK; +) or a construct expressing DDK-tagged full-length human malic enzyme (mitochondrial) (hME2-DDK; +), using Malic Enzyme (Mitochondrial) Antibody (upper), DYKDDDDK Tag (9A3) Mouse mAb #8146 (middle), or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Immunoprecipitation of malic enzyme (mitochondrial) from 293 cell extracts, using Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 (lane 2) or Malic Enzyme (Mitochondrial) Antibody (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using Malic Enzyme (Mitochondrial) Antibody.
Cytosolic malic enzyme (ME1) catalyzes the conversion of malate and NADP+ to pyruvate and NADPH (1,2). NADPH is then used for fatty acid biosynthesis and lipogenesis (1,2). Cytosolic malic enzyme was shown to mediate high fat diet-induced adiposity (1). Mitochondrial malic enzyme (ME2) preferentially uses NAD+ to catalyze the conversion of malate to pyruvate with the concomitant generation of NADH (2). Recent studies have demonstrated that the tumor suppressor p53 regulates cell metabolism and proliferation by repressing the expression of both cytosolic malic enzyme and mitochondrial malic enzyme (3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3180 Fatty Acid Synthase (C20G5) Rabbit mAb
- 3189 Fatty Acid Synthase Antibody
- 2138 ATGL Antibody
- 2439 ATGL (30A4) Rabbit mAb
- 2789 Adiponectin (C45B10) Rabbit mAb
- 5352 FABP1 Antibody
- 3544 FABP4 (D25B3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2120 FABP4 Antibody
- 4107 HSL Antibody
- 4139 Phospho-HSL (Ser563) Antibody
- 4137 Phospho-HSL (Ser565) Antibody
- 4126 Phospho-HSL (Ser660) Antibody
- 2443 PPARγ (81B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2430 PPARγ (D69) Antibody
- 2435 PPARγ (C26H12) Rabbit mAb
- 2438 SCD1 (M38) Antibody
- 2283 SCD1 (R347) Antibody
- 11814 ACAT2 Antibody
- 4190 Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase 1 Antibody
- 11818 Phospho-Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase (Ser79) (D7D11) Rabbit mAb
- 8578 Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase 2 (D5B9) Rabbit mAb
- 3658 AceCS1 (D19C6) Rabbit mAb
- 9189 ACSL1 (D2H5) Rabbit mAb
- 4047 ACSL1 Antibody
- 2033 DHCR24/Seladin-1 (C59D8) Rabbit mAb
- 3829 FAAH1 (C84F1) Rabbit mAb
- 2942 FAAH1 (L14B8) Mouse mAb
- 9179 FAAH1 Antibody (Rat Specific)
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.