Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
PI3 Kinase Class II α (D3Q5B) Rabbit mAb #12402
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||180||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PI3 Kinase Class II α (D3Q5B) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total PI3K class II α protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly717 of human PI3K class II α protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SW620 and HeLa cells using PI3 Kinase Class II α (D3Q5B) Rabbit mAb.
Class II phosphatidylinositol 3-kinases (PI3K) contain a C-terminal C2 domain that is unique to the class II isoforms of the PI3K family. This C2 domain mediates protein and phospholipid binding acitivities (1,2). PI3K Class II α generates phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate (PIP3) and phosphatidylinositol 3,4-bisphosphate (PI(3, 4)P2) from phosphatidylinositol and phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate (3). PI3K Class II α is located in various intracellular locations such as the trans-Golgi network, endocytic compartments, clathrin-coated vesicles, and nuclear speckles (1,4,5). Research studies have indicated that PI3K Class II α regulates the assembly and distribution of clathrin, resulting in the modulation of clathrin-dependent trafficking and sorting within the trans Golgi network (5,6). PI3K Class II α also mediates translocation of the glucose transporter GLUT4 to the plasma membrane in response to insulin (7). PI3K Class II α has also been shown to regulate neurosecretory granule exocytosis (8) and vascular smooth muscle contraction (9). Unlike other PI3K family members, PI3K Class II α is less sensitive to the PI3K inhibitors wortmannin and LY294002 (3).
- Didichenko, S.A. and Thelen, M. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 48135-42.
- Stahelin, R.V. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 39396-406.
- Domin, J. et al. (1997) Biochem J 326 ( Pt 1), 139-47.
- Domin, J. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 11943-50.
- Gaidarov, I. et al. (2001) Mol Cell 7, 443-9.
- Gaidarov, I. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 40766-72.
- Falasca, M. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 28226-36.
- Wen, P.J. et al. (2008) Mol Biol Cell 19, 5593-603.
- Yoshioka, K. et al. (2007) Mol Pharmacol 71, 912-20.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3358 PI3 Kinase Class III (D4E2) Rabbit mAb
- 3811 PI3 Kinase Class III Antibody
- 4257 PI3 Kinase p85 (19H8) Rabbit mAb
- 4252 PI3 Kinase p110γ Antibody
- 4255 PI3 Kinase p110α Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.