Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
SOS1 (D3T7T) Rabbit mAb #12409
|W||H M R Hm Mk||Endogenous||152||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SOS1 (D3T7T) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total SOS1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro1250 of human SOS1 protein.
Son of sevenless (SOS) was first identified in Drosophila as a guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) for Ras acting downstream of the Sevenless receptor (1). Two closely related homologs of Drosophila SOS are found in mammalian cells: SOS1 and SOS2 (2). SOS1 consists of histone folds, Dbl (DH) and pleckstrin (PH) homology domains, a Ras exchange motif (REM), and Cdc25 homology and polyproline domains (3). SOS1 binds to GRB2, NCK, and other adaptor proteins, and plays an important role in ERK activation downstream of protein tyrosine kinase receptor (RTK). Research studies have identified mutations in the corresponding SOS1 gene of patients with Noonan syndrome, a developmental disorder characterized by short stature, facial dysmorphia, and congenital heart defects (4,5).
- Rogge, R.D. et al. (1991) Cell 64, 39-48.
- Nimnual, A. and Bar-Sagi, D. (2002) Sci STKE 2002, pe36.
- Chardin, P. et al. (1993) Science 260, 1338-43.
- Tartaglia, M. et al. (2007) Nat Genet 39, 75-9.
- Roberts, A.E. et al. (2007) Nat Genet 39, 70-4.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 3972 GRB2 Antibody
- 3339 Ras (27H5) Rabbit mAb
- 4370 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (D13.14.4E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9102 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) Antibody
- 4695 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (137F5) Rabbit mAb
- 9146 MEK1 (30C8) Rabbit mAb
- 9422 c-Raf Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.