Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
IL-1β (D4T2D) Rabbit mAb (Mouse Specific) #12426
Reactivity Key: M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
IL-1β (D4T2D) Rabbit mAb (Mouse Specific) recognizes endogenous levels of total mouse IL-1β protein. This antibody can detect 500 pg of mature recombinant mouse IL-1β.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val175 of mouse IL-1β protein.
Western blot analysis of Mouse Interleukin-1β (mIL-1β) #5204 using IL-1β (D4T2D) Rabbit mAb (Mouse Specific).
Interleukin-1β (IL-1β) is a proinflammatory cytokine produced predominantly by activated monocytes and epithelial cells (1). Precursor IL-1β is cleaved by caspase-1 and mature IL-1β is then secreted (1-3). Target cells include macrophages and many other cell types. Signaling by IL-1β involves IL-1β binding to IL-1 accessory protein (IL-1-AcP); the complex then binds to IL-1RI (1,2). Signaling occurs through activation of MAP kinase and NF-κB pathways (1,2). IL-1β also binds to IL-1RII, which lacks an intracellular signaling domain and thereby serves as a high affinity decoy receptor. IL-1β binding to IL-1RI is inhibited by the negative regulator, IL-1R antagonist (IL-1Ra). IL-1Ra binding to IL-1RI does not signal and serves to block IL-1β signaling. IL-1β plays critical roles in the acute phase response and sepsis (1-3).
- Dinarello, C.A. (1996) Blood 87, 2095-147.
- Allan, S.M. et al. (2005) Nat Rev Immunol 5, 629-40.
- Kramer, F. et al. (2008) Mol Immunol 45, 2678-89.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12507 IL-1β (D3H1Z) Rabbit mAb (Mouse Specific)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.