Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Keratin 17/19 (D4G2) XP® Rabbit mAb #12434
|12434S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12434P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12434||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||48/41||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Keratin 17/19 (D4G2) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of keratin 17 and keratin 19 proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids near the amino terminus of human keratin 17 and human keratin 19 proteins.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human ovarian carcinoma using Keratin 17/19 (D4G2) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Keratin 17/19 (D4G2) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded keratin 17 positive HeLa cells (left), keratin 19 positive HCC827 cells (middle), and keratin 17/19 negative SK-MEL-28 cells (right), using Keratin 17/19 (D4G2) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung squamous cell carcinoma using Keratin 17/19 (D4G2) XP® Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Keratins (cytokeratins) are intermediate filament proteins that are mainly expressed in epithelial cells. Keratin heterodimers composed of an acidic keratin (or type I keratin, keratins 9 to 23) and a basic keratin (or type II keratin, keratins 1 to 8) assemble to form filaments (1,2). Keratin isoforms demonstrate tissue- and differentiation-specific profiles that make them useful as research biomarkers (1). Research studies have shown that mutations in keratin genes are associated with skin disorders, liver and pancreatic diseases, and inflammatory intestinal diseases (3-6).
Keratin 17 is involved in wound healing and cell growth, two processes that require rapid cytoskeletal remodeling (7). Keratinocytes deficient in keratin 17 exhibit abnormal Akt/mTOR signaling and fail to produce an increase in translation, cell size, or growth; these cells also exhibit abnormal 14-3-3σ localization. As 14-3-3σ typically associates with keratin 17, these results imply that Akt/mTOR signaling results in sequestration of 14-3-3σ with keratin 17 in the cytosol, which is required for translation and cell growth. Phosphorylation of keratin 17 on Ser44 may provide a docking site for 14-3-3σ binding (8).
- Moll, R. et al. (1982) Cell 31, 11-24.
- Chang, L. and Goldman, R.D. (2004) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 5, 601-13.
- Ramaekers, F.C. and Bosman, F.T. (2004) J Pathol 204, 351-4.
- Lane, E.B. and McLean, W.H. (2004) J Pathol 204, 355-66.
- Zatloukal, K. et al. (2004) J Pathol 204, 367-76.
- Owens, D.W. and Lane, E.B. (2004) J Pathol 204, 377-85.
- Paladini, R.D. et al. (1996) J Cell Biol 132, 381-97.
- Kim, S. et al. (2006) Nature 441, 362-5.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 4465 Keratin 7 (D1E4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4545 Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb
- 4898 Keratin 7 (R458) Antibody
- 4548 Keratin 18 (DC10) Mouse mAb
- 4546 Keratin 8/18 (C51) Mouse mAb
- 3519 Phospho-Keratin 17 (Ser44) Antibody
- 4543 Keratin 17 (D73C7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 8856 Keratin 17 (D73C7) XP® Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 3984 Keratin 17/19 (D32D9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4558 Keratin 19 (BA17) Mouse mAb
- 3479 Keratin 19 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.