Product Pathways - Autophagy Signaling
FIP200 (D10D11) Rabbit mAb #12436
|W IP||H M (Mk)||Endogenous||200||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
FIP200 (D10D11) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total FIP200 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human FIP200 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using FIP200 (D10D11) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from A172 cells, untreated (-) or chloroquine-treated (50 μM, overnight; +) using FIP200 (D10D11) Rabbit mAb (upper) or α-Actinin (D6F6) XP® Rabbit mAb #6487 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expresssing full-length human FIP200 (hFIP200; +), using FIP200 (D10D11) Rabbit mAb.
FIP200 (FAK family kinase-interacting protein of 200 kDa) was identified in a two-hybrid screen with the tyrosine kinase Pyk2 and can inhibit Pyk2 kinase activity as well as related family members (1). FIP200 was later independently identified in a multi-drug resistance screen and named RB1CC1 (RB1-inducible coiled-coil 1) due to its induction by cytotoxic stress and RB1 expression regulation (2). FIP200 function has been linked to apoptosis, cell cycle progression, cell growth, and migration (reviewed in 3). FIP200 has also recently been shown to interact with ULK1 and is required for autophagosome formation (4). FIP200 is part of an ULK1 complex along with Atg13 that is regulated by mTOR and is required for starvation induced autophagy (5-7).
- Ueda, H. et al. (2000) J Cell Biol 149, 423-30.
- Chano, T. et al. (2002) Oncogene 21, 1295-8.
- Gan, B. and Guan, J.L. (2008) Cell Signal 20, 787-94.
- Hara, T. et al. (2008) J Cell Biol 181, 497-510.
- Hosokawa, N. et al. (2009) Mol Biol Cell 20, 1981-91.
- Jung, C.H. et al. (2009) Mol Biol Cell 20, 1992-2003.
- Ganley, I.G. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 12297-305.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.