Product Pathways - Autophagy Signaling
MTMR3 Antibody #12443
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MTMR3 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total MTMR3 protein. This antibody also cross-reacts with a protein of unknown origin at 48 kDa.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro600 of human MTMR3 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Myotubularin-related proteins are a family of phosphatases with emerging roles in cellular signaling and membrane trafficking (1,2). MTMR3 (Myotubularin-related protein 3), also known as FYVE-DSP1, contains an amino terminal pleckstrin homology (PH) domain and a carboxyl terminal FYVE domain. MTMR3 was first reported as a dual-specific phosphatase, having phosphatase activity toward phosphorylated serine, threonine, and tyrosine residues (3). Subsequent research studies reported that MTMR3 has phosphatase activity toward phosphoinositides, including phosphatadylinositol-3-phosphate (PI3P) and phosphatidylinositol 3,5-bisphosphate (PI(3,5)P2) (4). Accumulation of PI3P by the class III phosphoinositide 3-kinase Vps34 is a key element in autophagosome formation (5). Inhibition of PI3P by MTMR3 can play an important role in suppressing autophagsome formation (6).
- Robinson, F.L. and Dixon, J.E. (2006) Trends Cell Biol 16, 403-12.
- Laporte, J. et al. (2002) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 291, 305-12.
- Zhao, R. et al. (2000) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 270, 222-9.
- Walker, D.M. et al. (2001) Curr Biol 11, 1600-5.
- Simonsen, A. and Tooze, S.A. (2009) J Cell Biol 186, 773-82.
- Taguchi-Atarashi, N. et al. (2010) Traffic 11, 468-78.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.