Product Pathways - Neuroscience
LIS1 Antibody #12453
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||47||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
LIS1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total LIS1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly298 of human LIS1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
LIS1 is a cytoskeleton-interacting protein that contains an N-terminal dimerization domain and a C-terminal β-propeller domain that interacts with the motor domain of dynein (1-3). Research studies have shown that mutations in the LIS1 gene are involved in lissencephaly, a disease characterized by severe defects in brain development (4). LIS1 also plays a critical role in cortical migration and development in the brain (5). LIS1 activity is required for retrograde translocation of excitatory synapses in developing interneuron dendrites in a microtubule-dependent fashion (6).
- Sasaki, S. et al. (2000) Neuron 28, 681-96.
- Tai, C.Y. et al. (2002) J Cell Biol 156, 959-68.
- Tarricone, C. et al. (2004) Neuron 44, 809-21.
- Reiner, O. et al. (1993) Nature 364, 717-21.
- Wynshaw-Boris, A. (2007) Clin Genet 72, 296-304.
- Kawabata, I. et al. (2012) Nat Commun 3, 722.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.