Product Pathways - DNA Damage
BRE (D8Q1J) Rabbit mAb #12457
|12457S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12457||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||45||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
BRE (D8Q1J) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total BRE protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gln150 of human BRE protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using BRE (D8Q1J) Rabbit mAb.
The breast cancer susceptibility gene, BRCA1, codes for an E3 ubiquitin ligase that functions in the maintenance of genome stability through regulation of the DNA damage response and DNA repair. BRCA1 protein forms at least three distinct complexes (BRCA1 A, B, and C) with other DNA repair proteins, and these interactions are vital for regulation of BRCA1 function. The BRCA1 A complex includes Rap80, BRCC36, Abraxas, MERIT40/NBA1, and BRE/BRCC45 and functions in G2/M phase checkpoint control (reviewed in 1,2). MERIT40 and BRE maintain the stability of both the BRCA1 A complex and the cytoplasmic BRISC complex, which contains BRCC36 and ABRO1 but not BRCA1 (3).
Researchers have shown that the expression level of BRE is related to patient survival in breast cancer (4), and it may predict a favorable outcome in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) (5,6). Studies have also shown that BRE is overexpressed in human hepatocellular carcinoma (7) and that overexpression of BRE can cause resistance to apoptotic signaling and promote tumor growth (7,8).
- Ohta, T. et al. (2011) FEBS Lett 585, 2836-44.
- Huen, M.S. et al. (2010) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 11, 138-48.
- Hu, X. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 11734-45.
- Noordermeer, S.M. et al. (2012) Breast Cancer Res Treat 135, 125-33.
- Noordermeer, S.M. et al. (2011) Blood 118, 5613-21.
- Balgobind, B.V. et al. (2010) Leukemia 24, 2048-55.
- Chan, B.C. et al. (2008) Oncogene 27, 1208-17.
- Chui, Y.L. et al. (2010) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 391, 1522-5.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12711 MERIT40 (D7Y5K) Rabbit mAb
- 12110 Phospho-MERIT40 (Ser29) Antibody
- 9025 BRCA1 (D54A8) Rabbit mAb
- 9009 Phospho-BRCA1 (Ser1524) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.