Product Pathways - Stem Cell and Lineage Markers
RUNX2 (D1L7F) Rabbit mAb #12556
|12556S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12556||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||55-62||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RUNX2 (D1L7F) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total RUNX2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala273 of human RUNX2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Saos-2 and LNCaP cells using RUNX2 (D1L7F) Rabbit mAb and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457.
Immunoprecipitation of RUNX2 from Saos-2 cell extracts, using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or RUNX2 (D1L7F) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using RUNX2 (D1L7F) Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of LNCaP (blue) and Saos-2 (green) cells using RUNX2 (D1L7F) Rabbit mAb. Anti-rabbit IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate) #4412 was used as a secondary antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of Saos-2 (left) and LNCaP (right) cells using RUNX2 (D1L7F) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 Saos-2 cells and either 10 μl of RUNX2 (D1L7F) Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using human RUNX1 Intron 1 primers, SimpleChIP® Human RUNX2 Promoter Primers #12376, human FRA10AC1 intron 1 primers, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Runt-related transcription factor 2 (RUNX2) is a member of the RUNX family of transcription factors. It is involved in osteoblast differentiation and skeletal morphogenesis. RUNX2 regulates the transcription of various genes, including osteopontin, bone sialoprotein, and osteocalcin, via binding to the core site of the enhancers or promoters (1-3). RUNX2 is crucial for the maturation of osteoblasts and both intramembranous and endochondral ossification. Mutations in the corresponding RUNX2 gene have been associated with the bone development disorder cleidocranial dysplasia (CCD) (4-6). RUNX2 is also abnormally expressed in various human cancers including prostate cancer and breast cancer. It plays an important role in migration, invasion, and bone metastasis of prostate and breast cancer cells (7-10).
- Viereck, V. et al. (2002) J Cell Biochem 86, 348-56.
- Willis, D.M. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 37280-91.
- Tu, Q. et al. (2008) J Cell Physiol 217, 40-7.
- Quack, I. et al. (1999) Am J Hum Genet 65, 1268-78.
- Cardoso, B.M. et al. (2010) Clin Dysmorphol 19, 150-2.
- Han, M.S. et al. (2010) J Cell Biochem 110, 97-103.
- Akech, J. et al. (2010) Oncogene 29, 811-21.
- van der Deen, M. et al. (2010) J Cell Biochem 109, 828-37.
- Barnes, G.L. et al. (2003) Cancer Res 63, 2631-7.
- Barnes, G.L. et al. (2004) Cancer Res 64, 4506-13.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8486 RUNX2 (D1H7) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4336 AML1 (D33G6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 8529 AML1 (D4A6) Rabbit mAb (Mouse Preferred)
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 12376 SimpleChIP® Human RUNX2 Promoter Primers
- 4486 SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
SimpleChIP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.