Product Pathways - Metabolism
MRP2/ABCC2 (D9F9E) Rabbit mAb #12559
|12559S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12559||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
MRP2/ABCC2 (D9F9E) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total MRP2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg864 of human MRP2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Hep G2 and A-204 cells using MRP2/ABCC2 (D9F9E) Rabbit mAb.
Multi-drug resistance protein 2 (MRP2), also known as cMRP, cMOAT, and ABCC2, is an ATP binding cassette (ABC) transporter and part of the multi-drug resistance (MRP) family (1,2). The MRP proteins are membrane proteins that function as organic anion pumps involved in the cellular removal of cancer drugs (2). MRP2 is associated with resistance to a number of cancer drugs, such as cisplatin, etoposide, doxorubicin, and methotrexate (3-5). MRP2 is predominately expressed on the apical membranes in the liver (6-9) and kidney proximal tubules (10). It is responsible for the ATP-dependent secretion of bilirubin glucuronides and other organic anions from hepatocytes into the bile, a process important for the excretion of endogenous and xenobiotic substances. Loss of MRP2 activity is the cause of Dubin-Johnson syndrome, an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by defects in the secretion of anionic conjugates and the presence of melanin like pigments in hepatocytes (11-13).
- Keppler, D. and Konig, J. (1997) FASEB J 11, 509-16.
- Borst, P. et al. (2000) J Natl Cancer Inst 92, 1295-302.
- Taniguchi, K. et al. (1996) Cancer Res 56, 4124-9.
- Hooijberg, J.H. et al. (1999) Cancer Res 59, 2532-5.
- Cui, Y. et al. (1999) Mol Pharmacol 55, 929-37.
- Büchler, M. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 15091-8.
- Paulusma, C.C. et al. (1996) Science 271, 1126-8.
- Mayer, R. et al. (1995) J Cell Biol 131, 137-50.
- Ito, K. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 1684-8.
- Schaub, T.P. et al. (1997) J Am Soc Nephrol 8, 1213-21.
- Dubin, I.N. and Johnson, F.B. (1954) Medicine (Baltimore) 33, 155-97.
- Kartenbeck, J. et al. (1996) Hepatology 23, 1061-6.
- Paulusma, C.C. et al. (1997) Hepatology 25, 1539-42.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4446 MRP2 (R260) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 5624 ABCC4 Antibody
- 2269 CFTR Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.