Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
DSG2 (10D2) Mouse mAb (IF Specific) #12631
|12631S||100 µl (100 tests)||---||In Stock||---|
|12631||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by the application specified.
Applications Key: IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
DSG2 (10D2) Mouse mAb (IF Specific) recognizes endogenous levels of total DSG2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein specific to the amino terminus of human DSG2 protein.
Desmosomes are a class of intracellular junction that tightly link adjacent cells in mechanically stressed tissues such as the epithelium and myocardium (1). They derive their characteristic strength from the protein desmoplakin, which acts as a tether by binding the cytoplasmic component of the desmosome at its N terminus (2), while its C terminus is anchored to the intermediate-filament cytoskeleton (3). Desmogleins and desmocollins belong to the superfamily of cadherin proteins, the "glue" of the desmosome, as they are essential for strong cell-cell contacts (4). There are 4 types of desmogleins in humans, DSG1-4, and 3 types of desmocollins, DSC1-3. DSG2 is expressed in all desmosome bearing tissues, while other desmosome cadherin proteins have more specialized tissue expression. Research studies have shown that aberrant expression due to mutation of DSG2 is associated with arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy (5,6). Research has also shown that mutation and altered expression of DSG1 and 3 have been associated with autoimmune disorders such as Pemphigus, inherited disorders such as defective hair-follicle differentiation, and striate palmoplantar keratoderma, an epidermal-thickening disease (reviewed in 7).
- Stokes, D.L. (2007) Curr Opin Cell Biol 19, 565-71.
- Kowalczyk, A.P. et al. (1997) J Cell Biol 139, 773-84.
- Meng, J.J. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 21495-503.
- Nollet, F. et al. (2000) J Mol Biol 299, 551-72.
- Awad, M.M. et al. (2006) Am J Hum Genet 79, 136-42.
- Pilichou, K. et al. (2006) Circulation 113, 1171-9.
- Delva, E. et al. (2009) Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol 1, a002543.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 5885 Phospho-Desmoplakin (Ser165/166) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.