Product Pathways - Metabolism
IDH2 (D7H6Q) Rabbit mAb #12652
|12652S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12652||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||50||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
IDH2 (D7H6Q) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total IDH2 protein. This antibody also recognizes overexpressed IDH1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human IDH2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using IDH2 (D7H6Q) Rabbit mAb.
IDH2 is one of three isocitrate dehydrogenases that catalyze the oxidative decarboxylation of isocitrate to produce CO2 and α-ketoglutarate (α-KG). IDH2 and IDH1 are the NADP+-dependent family members. IDH2 is a mitochodrial enzyme that also functions in the TCA cycle (1,2). Somatic mutations of IDH1 and IDH2 were initially identified in glioblastoma (3). More research studies have identified IDH1 and IDH2 mutations in acute myeloid leukemia and other malignancies at lower frequency (4,5). Mutations of IDH1 and IDH2 confer a gain of function, enzymatic acitivity that results in the accumulation and secretion of the oncometabolite R-2-hydroxyglutarate (2HG) in cancer cells (6,7).
- Wise, D.R. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108, 19611-6.
- Filipp, F.V. et al. (2012) Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 25, 375-83.
- Parsons, D.W. et al. (2008) Science 321, 1807-12.
- Abbas, S. et al. (2010) Blood 116, 2122-6.
- Paschka, P. et al. (2010) J Clin Oncol 28, 3636-43.
- Watanabe, T. et al. (2009) Am J Pathol 174, 1149-53.
- Pardanani, A. et al. (2010) Leukemia 24, 1370-2.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8137 IDH1 (D2H1) Rabbit mAb
- 3997 IDH1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.