Product Pathways - Metabolism
ABCC4 (D2Q2O) Rabbit mAb #12705
|12705S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12705||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||140-200||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-F=Immunofluorescence (Frozen), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
ABCC4 (D2Q2O) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total ABCC4 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala1023 of human ABCC4 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SW620 and U-2 OS cells using ABCC4 (D2Q2O) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HT-29 cells using ABCC4 (D2Q2O) Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of mouse kidney using ABCC4 (D2Q2O) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
ABCC4 is a member of the ATP-binding Cassette (ABC) transporter family. ABC proteins transport various molecules across cellular membranes by utilizing the energy generated from ATP hydrolysis. There are seven subfamilies of ABC proteins: ABC1, MDR/TAP, MRP, ALD, OABP, GCN20, and White (1). ABCC4 belongs to the MRP subfamily, which is involved in multi-drug resistance, hence it is also named MRP4. ABCC4 is widely expressed in tissues including prostate, kidney proximal tubules, astrocytes and capillary endothelial cells of the brain, platelets, and many cancer cell lines (2-4). ABCC4 mediates efflux transport of a wide variety of endogenous and xenobiotic organic anionic compounds (5). The diversity of substrates determines the biological functions of ABCC4. It regulates cAMP levels in human leukemia cells, thereby controlling the proliferation and differentiation of leukemia cells (6). ABCC4 also enables COX deficient pancreatic cancer cells to obtain exogenous prostaglandins (7). Research studies have shown that ABCC4 expression is elevated in drug resistant cancer cells, which makes it a potential target for cancer therapy (8,9). ABCC4 localizes to both plasma membrane and intracellular membranous structures (10). Investigators have also implicated ABCC4 in the pathogenesis of Kawasaki disease, a childhood genetic disorder characterized by vasculitis (11).
- Nakanishi, T. Cancer Genomics Proteomics 4, 241-54.
- Kool, M. et al. (1997) Cancer Res 57, 3537-47.
- Lee, K. et al. (1998) Cancer Res 58, 2741-7.
- Nies, A.T. et al. (2004) Neuroscience 129, 349-60.
- Giacomini, K.M. et al. (2010) Nat Rev Drug Discov 9, 215-36.
- Copsel, S. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 6979-88.
- Omura, N. et al. (2010) Mol Cancer Res 8, 821-32.
- Bronger, H. et al. (2005) Cancer Res 65, 11419-28.
- Hagmann, W. et al. (2009) Pancreatology 9, 136-44.
- Rius, M. et al. (2008) J Pharmacol Exp Ther 324, 86-94.
- Khor, C.C. et al. (2011) J Med Genet 48, 467-72.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4477 ABCG2 Antibody
- 12559 MRP2/ABCC2 (D9F9E) Rabbit mAb
- 4446 MRP2 (R260) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2269 CFTR Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.