Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
c-Rel (D4Y6M) Rabbit mAb #12707
|12707S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12707||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||68-78||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
c-Rel (D4Y6M) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total c-Rel protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu65 of human c-Rel protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines and tissues using c-Rel (D4Y6M) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Neuro-2a cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Unconjugated) #6568 (-), SignalSilence® c-Rel siRNA I (Mouse Specific) #13058 (+) or SignalSilence® c-Rel siRNA II (Mouse Specific) #13170 (+), using c-Rel (D4Y6M) Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower). The c-Rel (D4Y6M) Rabbit mAb confirms silencing of c-Rel expression, while the β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb is used as a loading control.
Transcription factors of the nuclear factor κB (NF-κB)/Rel family play a pivotal role in inflammatory and immune responses (1,2). There are five family members in mammals: RelA, c-Rel, RelB, NF-κB1 (p105/p50), and NF-κB2 (p100/p52). Both p105 and p100 are proteolytically processed by the proteasome to produce p50 and p52, respectively. Rel proteins bind p50 and p52 to form dimeric complexes that bind DNA and regulate transcription. In unstimulated cells, NF-κB is sequestered in the cytoplasm by IκB inhibitory proteins (3-5). NF-κB-activating agents can induce the phosphorylation of IκB proteins, targeting them for rapid degradation through the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway and releasing NF-κB to enter the nucleus where it regulates gene expression (6-8). NIK and IKKα (IKK1) regulate the phosphorylation and processing of NF-κB2 (p100) to produce p52, which translocates to the nucleus (9-11).
c-Rel contains an amino-terminal DNA-binding domain referred to as the REL homology domain (REH) and carboxy-terminal transactivation domains. The c-Rel protein is typically inhibited in unstimulated cells by IκBα and IκBβ. c-Rel expression is highest in hematopoietic cells with extensive research studies demonstrating its role in immune cell function and pathogenesis of disease (12,13).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Henkel, T. (1994) Annu Rev Immunol 12, 141-79.
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1996) Cell 87, 13-20.
- Haskill, S. et al. (1991) Cell 65, 1281-9.
- Thompson, J.E. et al. (1995) Cell 80, 573-82.
- Whiteside, S.T. et al. (1997) EMBO J 16, 1413-26.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Scherer, D.C. et al. (1995) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 92, 11259-63.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Senftleben, U. et al. (2001) Science 293, 1495-9.
- Coope, H.J. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 5375-85.
- Xiao, G. et al. (2001) Mol Cell 7, 401-9.
- Gilmore, T.D. and Gerondakis, S. (2011) Genes Cancer 2, 695-711.
- Fullard, N. et al. (2012) Int J Biochem Cell Biol 44, 851-60.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12659 c-Rel (D5G1A) Rabbit mAb (ChIP Formulated)
- 4727 c-Rel Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.