Product Pathways - Transcription Factors
NRF2 (D1Z9C) XP® Rabbit mAb #12721
|12721S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12721P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12721||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||97-100||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, F=Flow Cytometry, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Specificity / Sensitivity
NRF2 (D1Z9C) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total NRF2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala275 of human NRF2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from MEF wt and U-2 OS cells, untreated (-) or treated with MG-132 #2194 (10 μM, 10 hr; +), using NRF2 (D1Z9C) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of NRF2 from MEF wt cell extracts treated with MG-132 #2194 (10 μM, 10 hr) using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or NRF2 (D1Z9C) XP® Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using NRF2 (D1Z9C) XP® Rabbit mAb (lane 3).
Flow cytometric analysis of MEF wt cells, untreated (blue) and treated with MG-132 #2194 (green), using NRF2 (D1Z9C) XP® Rabbit mAb. Anti-rabbit IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate) #4414 was used as a secondary antibody.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 MEF NRF2 wild-type (left) and NRF2 knock-out (right) cells, both treated with DEM (50 μM, 3 hr), and 5 µl of NRF2 (D1Z9C) XP® Rabbit mAb or 2 µl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using mouse MafG intron 1 primers, SimpleChIP® Mouse NQO1 Promoter Primers #12635, and SimpleChIP® Mouse RPL30 Intron 2 Primers #7015. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
The nuclear factor-like 2 (NRF2) transcriptional activator binds antioxidant response elements (ARE) of target gene promoter regions to regulate expression of oxidative stress response genes. Under basal conditions, the NRF2 inhibitor INrf2 (also called KEAP1) binds and retains NRF2 in the cytoplasm where it can be targeted for ubiquitin-mediated degradation (1). Small amounts of constitutive nuclear NRF2 maintain cellular homeostasis through regulation of basal expression of antioxidant response genes. Following oxidative or electrophilic stress, KEAP1 releases NRF2, thereby allowing the activator to translocate to the nucleus and bind to ARE-containing genes (2). The coordinated action of NRF2 and other transcription factors mediates the response to oxidative stress (3). Altered expression of NRF2 is associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) (4). NRF2 activity in lung cancer cell lines directly correlates with cell proliferation rates, and inhibition of NRF2 expression by siRNA enhances anti-cancer drug-induced apoptosis (5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 8882 NRF2 (D1C9) Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 7705 KEAP1 (D1G10) Rabbit mAb
- 8047 KEAP1 (D6B12) Rabbit mAb
- 4617 KEAP1 (H436) Antibody
- 4678 KEAP1 (P586) Antibody
- 7015 SimpleChIP® Mouse RPL30 Intron 2 Primers
- 12635 SimpleChIP® Mouse NQO1 Promoter Primers
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.