Product Pathways - Metabolism
PFKP (D2E5) Rabbit mAb #12746
|12746S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12746||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||80||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
PFKP (D2E5) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total PFKP protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human PFKP protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using PFKP (D2E5) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Unconjugated) #6568 (-) or SignalSilence® PFKP siRNA (+), using PFKP (D2E5) Rabbit mAb and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457.
Immunoprecipitation of PFKP from HeLa cell extracts using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or PFKP (D2E5) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using PFKP (D2E5) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of 293 cells, transfected with SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Unconjugated) #6568 (left) or a PFKP-specific siRNA (right), using PFKP (D2E5) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Phosphofructokinase (PFK) catalyzes the phosphorylation of fructose-6-phosphate in glycolysis (1). There are three isozymes: muscle-type, liver-type, and platelet-type (2,3). Platelet-type phosphofructokinase (PFKP) is expressed in various cell types (4,5). Research studies have shown that genetic variations in PFKP are associated with individuals born small for gestational age that are prone to obesity and diabetes later in adulthood (6).
- Mediavilla, D. et al. (2008) J Biochem 144, 235-44.
- Eto, K. et al. (1994) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 198, 990-8.
- Hannemann, A. et al. (2005) Gene 345, 237-47.
- Morrison, N. et al. (1992) Hum Genet 89, 105-6.
- Vora, S. (1983) Isozymes Curr Top Biol Med Res 11, 3-23.
- Morgan, A.R. et al. (2010) BMC Med Genet 11, 125.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8164 PFKP (D4B2) Rabbit mAb
- 5412 PFKP Antibody
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 2024 Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 3198 PKM2 Antibody
- 3827 Phospho-PKM2 (Tyr105) Antibody
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 3190 PKM1/2 (C103A3) Rabbit mAb
- 3106 PKM1/2 (C5E6) Rabbit mAb
- 2012 LDHA Antibody
- 2784 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 2118 GAPDH (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.