Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
SMARCC2/BAF170 (D8O9V) Rabbit mAb #12760
|12760S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12760||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||162, 170||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Dog, Pig, Guinea Pig, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SMARCC2/BAF170 (D8O9V) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total SMARCC2/BAF170 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ile818 of human SMARCC2/BAF170 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using SMARCC2/BAF170 (D8O9V) Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of SMARCC2/BAF170 from PANC-1 cell extracts, using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or SMARCC2/BAF170 (D8O9V) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using SMARCC2/BAF170 (D8O9V) Rabbit mAb.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 MCF7 cells, grown in phenol red-free medium and 5% charcoal-stripped FBS for 4 d followed by treatment with β-estradiol (10 nM, 45 min), and either 10 μl of SMARCC2/BAF170 (D8O9V) Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human ESR1 Promoter Primers #9673, SimpleChIP® Human pS2 Promoter Primers #9702, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling complexes play an essential role in the regulation of nuclear processes such as transcription and DNA replication and repair (1,2). The SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex consists of more than 10 subunits and contains a single molecule of either BRM or BRG1 as the ATPase catalytic subunit. The activity of the ATPase subunit disrupts histone-DNA contacts and changes the accessibility of crucial regulatory elements to the chromatin. The additional core and accessory subunits play a scaffolding role to maintain stability and provide surfaces for interaction with various transcription factors and chromatin (2-5). The interactions between SWI/SNF subunits and transcription factors, such as nuclear receptors, p53, Rb, BRCA1, and MyoD, facilitate recruitment of the complex to target genes for regulation of gene activation, cell growth, cell cycle, and differentiation processes (1,6-9).
SMARCC2/BAF170 is one of the core subunits of the SWI/SNF complex, which is necessary for efficient nucleosome remodeling by Brg1 in vitro (10). While SMARCC2/BAF170 has been shown to be part of the SWI/SNF complex in non-pluripotent cells, it is absent in pluripotent embryonic stem (ES) cells. Research studies have shown that expression of SMARCC2/BAF170 is up-regulated in neurons/neuronal progenitors upon differentiation of mouse ES cells with retinoic acid, and exogenous expression of SMARCC2/BAF170 leads to loss of stem cell pluripotency and self renewal (11).
- Ho, L. and Crabtree, G.R. (2010) Nature 463, 474-84.
- Becker, P.B. and Hörz, W. (2002) Annu Rev Biochem 71, 247-73.
- Eberharter, A. and Becker, P.B. (2004) J Cell Sci 117, 3707-11.
- Bowman, G.D. (2010) Curr Opin Struct Biol 20, 73-81.
- Gangaraju, V.K. and Bartholomew, B. (2007) Mutat Res 618, 3-17.
- Lessard, J.A. and Crabtree, G.R. (2010) Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 26, 503-32.
- Morettini, S. et al. (2008) Front Biosci 13, 5522-32.
- Wolf, I.M. et al. (2008) J Cell Biochem 104, 1580-6.
- Simone, C. (2006) J Cell Physiol 207, 309-14.
- Phelan, M.L. et al. (1999) Mol Cell 3, 247-53.
- Ho, L. et al. (2009) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106, 5181-6.
- Métivier, R. et al. (2003) Cell 115, 751-63. Applications: Chromatin Regulation / Acetylation.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3508 Brg1 (A52) Antibody
- 3514 Brg1 (P680) Antibody
- 9053 SMARCC1/BAF155 Antibody
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 9673 SimpleChIP® Human ESR1 Promoter Primers
- 9702 SimpleChIP® Human pS2 Promoter Primers
- 4486 SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers
- 11966 BRM (D9E8B) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 11956 SMARCC1/BAF155 (D7F8S) Rabbit mAb
- 8745 SNF5 (D9C2) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.