Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
CDK4 (D9G3E) Rabbit mAb #12790
|12790S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12790||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||30||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CDK4 (D9G3E) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total CDK4 protein. In COS-7 cells, this antibody recognizes a 40 kDa background band of unknown origin. This antibody does not cross-react with CDK1, 2, or 6.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human CDK4 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using CDK4 (D9G3E) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using CDK4 (D9G3E) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using CDK4 (D9G3E) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Cyclin-dependent kinase activity is regulated by T-loop phosphorylation (Thr172 in the case of CDK4), by the abundance of their cyclin partners, and by association with CDK inhibitors of the Cip/Kip or INK family of proteins (1). The inactive ternary complex of CDK4/cyclin D and p27 Kip1/Cip1 requires extracellular mitogenic stimuli for the release and degradation of p27, which affects progression through the restriction point and pRb-dependent entry into S-phase (2). The active complex of CDK4/cyclin D targets the retinoblastoma protein for phosphorylation, allowing the release of E2F transcription factors that activate G1/S-phase gene expression (3). In HeLa cells, upon UV irradiation, upregulation of p16 INK4A association with CDK4/cyclin D3 leads to a G2 delay, implicating CDK4/cyclin D3 activity in progression through the G2-phase of the cell cycle (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2906 CDK4 (DCS156) Mouse mAb
- 3136 CDK6 (DCS83) Mouse mAb
- 2978 Cyclin D1 (92G2) Rabbit mAb
- 3741 Cyclin D2 (D52F9) Rabbit mAb
- 3300 Phospho-Cyclin D1 (Thr286) (D29B3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.